I am absolutely ecstatic there are TWO Outlander universes where the characters of Outlander now reside. My longtime since 1991 much beloved book friends and my since 2014 Starz TV series friends.
I find it a seamless transition between each whether I am reading the books or viewing the show.
It is an utterly fascinating process writing and podcasting about both ‘verses. I am remarkably still discovering more within the book series. The TV series has only deepened my love and quest to understand it more fully.
My thoughts below about both ‘verses of friends.
My Books Friends
- You are all firmly planted in my heart and mind . Who you are to me remains intact.
- We’ve lived, loved, laughed, grown, cried, grieved, and fought together.
- I cheer your fortitude, strength, loyalty, integrity, and resiliency.
- Oh the things we’ve been through together. I love you so.
- We started out near the same age, over time all older, adding children, moving homes, adventuring, literally having sharing decades together.
- I know what has happened. We’ve history.
- You’ve seen me through many serious life changes. A source of comfort and warmth like family.
- Your final chapters will be written as you speak your endings to Diana. I grieve the thought.
My TV Series Friends
- I embrace all you are, the familiar and the different.
- I’ve your backs as far into the future we go together, bring it on.
- I cannot wait to see your full character tried, tested, unfolding in front of my eyes.
- We are beginning a beautiful, hopefully very long lasting relationship.
- Still in your youth with paths wide open.
- Spoilers dahlings.
- You’ve connected me with many new and very real friends.
- You are just beginning your long wild adventure.
So much to go around for years and years and years more. Forever friends are Outlander friends.
4 thoughts on “My Friends In Two Outlander Universes”
It is really I Teresa in to find your podcast voice and blog voice are so much the same. I am new to electronic devices but have read the books sick 1991 and every 4 years after that. Now that I have time I am enjoying re reading books, watching ZTE show , playing with twitter and podcasts yours and the other Outlander ders.
Thank you for being thrre.
Sara – I am glad you are enjoying the site and podcast. I am pleased my voice comes through the same in both mediums for you.
I need to read reply before sending. SORRY! 1. Interesting2,since 3. TV 4. Outlander
I’ll be more careful.
I shared your “is that all there is” reaction during the season finale. MAYBE they will recapture some of the missing bits in the opening of season 2. We can hope. I am always happy to go back to the books to fill in the gaps. Do you think that Ron Moore and his writers get to see any of these comments? And if they do, is it likely to change anything given that they are already filming Season 2?