I am absolutely ecstatic there are TWO Outlander universes where the characters of Outlander now reside. My longtime since 1991 much beloved book friends and my since 2014 Starz TV series friends.
I find it a seamless transition between each whether I am reading the books or viewing the show.
It is an utterly fascinating process writing and podcasting about both ‘verses. I am remarkably still discovering more within the book series. The TV series has only deepened my love and quest to understand it more fully.
My thoughts below about both ‘verses of friends.
My Books Friends
- You are all firmly planted in my heart and mind . Who you are to me remains intact.
- We’ve lived, loved, laughed, grown, cried, grieved, and fought together.
- I cheer your fortitude, strength, loyalty, integrity, and resiliency.
- Oh the things we’ve been through together. I love you so.
- We started out near the same age, over time all older, adding children, moving homes, adventuring, literally having sharing decades together.
- I know what has happened. We’ve history.
- You’ve seen me through many serious life changes. A source of comfort and warmth like family.
- Your final chapters will be written as you speak your endings to Diana. I grieve the thought.
My TV Series Friends
- I embrace all you are, the familiar and the different.
- I’ve your backs as far into the future we go together, bring it on.
- I cannot wait to see your full character tried, tested, unfolding in front of my eyes.
- We are beginning a beautiful, hopefully very long lasting relationship.
- Still in your youth with paths wide open.
- Spoilers dahlings.
- You’ve connected me with many new and very real friends.
- You are just beginning your long wild adventure.
So much to go around for years and years and years more. Forever friends are Outlander friends.