Listen to the Podcast!
Summary: Breakfast is served, but not for Claire. Jamie desires an astrolabe. John Quincy Myers summons Jamie. A thief-taker threatens. A mother protects her own. Jamie shows his leadership prowess. Claire has a pop-up clinic. The unintended consequence of high taxes is revealed. A personal account of the riot is offered.
Chapter 2: Loaves and Fishes
Setting: Mt. Helicon, NC, Late October 1770
- Claire is making breakfast, wanting to be in on the MacGillivray mayhem, and prepping for her clinic day.
- Jamie is borrowing food, making a list of these he wants to barter for, quashing the MacGillivray mayhem, and learning about Abel MacLennan’s story.
- Abel MacLennan is eating breakfast, soothing Marsali, and sharing his tax and riot tales.
- Private Andrew Ogilvie is eating breakfast and sharing the demise of the regiment.
- Lizzie is mooning over Private Ogilvie.
- John Quincy Myers is fetching Jamie to assist the MacGillivray family.
- Fergus is following Jamie into the MacGillivray’s situation.
- Marsali is helping with breakfast, feeding her baby, and talking to Abel.
- The MacGillivray Family is in a fix with the thief-taker.
- The thief-taker is being held by the MacGillivray family.
- Taxes and crooked lawmen are causing problems.
- The 67th Highland regiment is disbanding. Safety
- Lizzie’s hormones. Foreshadowing
- The Hillsborough Riot aftermath. Story building and foreshadowing
- Jamie’s intended barters.
- The McGillivray mix-up. Shows protectiveness and Jamie’s abilities to fix a problem.
- Claire’s pop-up clinic.
- Emmenagogues – blue cohosh, ergot, pennyroyal, rue, and blue tansy.
- Marsali’s cracked nipples.
- Abel MacLennan’s story.
- Hillsborough Riot – a personal perspective.
- Hillsborough Riot
- Abortifacients and emmenagogues.
- Anthelmintic herbs
- Anthelmintic for animals
Images are CC or Wiki Commons unless produced by ADoO or otherwise specified. Featured image.
Please share your thoughts and comments to 719-425-9444 or email@example.com. Comments or messages may be included in the podcast or a written post.
Join the A Dram of Outlander Community
Please share posts, join the discussions, and follow this website and social media sites listed below!
To financially support the podcast, go to my Patreon page.
Call 719-425-9444 listener/reader line to leave your comment or question.