The Fiery Cross
Chapters 9 and 10
Click below to listen to the podcast!
Summary: Claire uses a cautery iron to staunch bleeding. Claire receives gifts. Roger and Jamie recruit for the militia. Roger meets an interesting family. Where is Stephen Bonnet? Take care of family first.
Chapter 9: Germ of Dissent
Chapter 10: Grannie Bacon’s Gifts
Setting: Mt. Helicon, NC, Late October 1770 with cool, grey, and wet weather.
- Claire is treating a nasal polyp and thinking of the impending war. With satisfaction, she ended her work day.
- Jamie and Roger are seeking men to join the militia from the various families at the Gathering.
- Joan Findlay and her brother Iain.
- Eglantine and Pansy Bacon, along with their mother, Polly.
- Claire’s foreknowledge of the American Revolution. She wonders if this is the beginning of what is to come.
- Claire slipping back into her 20th-century clinical mindset.
- Claire is likening the anti-Crown sentiments and actions of the Regulators to an infection that would take root and the process of the oncoming revolution like a flame that will burn through everything until the disease is excised cleanly before the open would is seared.
- Roger is an instant soldier. Knowing the significance of the current events upon the future weighs heavily.
- Roger’s experience with Auld Joan Findlay and her brother Iain adds more weight. His compassion shines through. He learns the burden of responsibility with the asking for men.
- Claire receiving Grannie Bacon’s gifts.
- Dauco/Wild Carrot/Queen Anne’s Lace – herbal birth control seeds.
- Claire is distressed over Jamie asking after Stephen Bonnet.
- Children’s Lesson Plan and History – How to make a Mob Cap.
- Etsy Shops – Mob Caps
- eBay – Mob Caps
- Wild Carrot Exploration – Herbal Oral Birth Control
- Queen Anne’s Lace Information
- Wild Carrot – WebMD
- Reasons for the American Revolution
Images are CC or Wiki Commons unless produced by ADoO or otherwise specified. Featured image.
Please share your thoughts and comments to 719-425-9444 or email@example.com. Comments or messages may be included in the podcast or a written post.
Join the A Dram of Outlander Community
Please share posts, join the discussions, and follow this website and social media sites listed below!
To financially support the podcast, go to my Patreon page.
Call 719-425-9444 listener/reader line to leave your comment or question.