Chapters 17 & 18
Listen to the podcast!
- 17 – Watchfire
- 18 – No Place Like Home
Summary: The Gathering and the longest day draws to a close. Jamie ponders the act of surrender. There is a call to duty. The caravan heads to Fraser’s Ridge. Jamie happens upon a spirit-filled place. A gift for Claire is picked up amongst the trees. There is fear for what might be found at the Ridge. Homecoming is sweet and noisy. A wee posy for Claire. For what is a sponge? Roger gives Brianna something practical and special. It’s not a dream.
Setting: The settlement of Fraser’s Ridge, NC
- The Gathering is winding down and Jamie takes notice.
- To surrender and not lose oneself.
- Jamie’s call to duty.
- Jamie has a spiritual encounter.
- A feisty wee kitten is found.
- Jamie’s reticence at returning home.
- The relief of homecoming and Mrs. Bug.
- A wee posy for Claire in light of the lost gift.
- The parallels of sponges.
- Plump like a hen.
- Roger’s posy to Brianna more practicality than romance.
- A dream and a gift discovered.
Images are CC or Wiki Commons unless produced by ADoO or otherwise specified. Featured image.
Please share your thoughts and comments to 719-425-9444 or email@example.com. Comments or messages may be included in the podcast or a written post.
The entire Outlander book series is written by Diana Gabaldon. You can find her on Twitter and Facebook.
Join the A Dram of Outlander Community
Please share posts, join the discussions, and follow this website and social media sites listed below!
Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr
To financially support the podcast, go to my Patreon page.
Call 719-425-9444 listener/reader line to leave your comment or question.