Domesticity, Building Bonds, and Duty
Listen to the podcast!
23 – The Bard
24 – Playing with Fire
25 – The Angeling of My Rest
Summary: Roger returns with mission incomplete. The baby is cranky. Brianna is at her wit’s end. Roger gets beautified. He’ll sing to help Jamie prepare the guests. Roger gives an uncomfortable history lesson to Brianna. Roger sings to an appreciative crowd. Jamie calls the men to duty. Roger reflects. Jamie and Claire find respite in their room. Jamie writes a letter.
Setting: The settlement of Fraser’s Ridge, NC – December 1, 1770
- A peek into domestic life Roger and Brianna style.
- Jamie’s inspiring music list.
- The fiery cross in the yard.
- Roger warmed the crowd up for Jamie’s main event.
- The main event.
- Roger’s inner thoughts as he sings.
- Jamie’s physical reaction before…
- The need for private moments to ground and reassure.
- Claire’s happiness at leaving on an adventure.
- “Can you remember everything you did today?”
- A bedtime devotion brought on by a memory.
- Jamie’s letter to Lord John and the significance.
- Ho Ro! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c55j8teqiOM
- Birniebouzle – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alBk-BTnxXI&list=RDalBk-BTnxXI&start_radio=1
- The Great Silkie – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSxrH8yYI_E
- Killiecrankie – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Kp590Ovsw
- The Haughs of Cromdale – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n24v5_sOx0Q
- The Sherrifsmuir Fight – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TkQkyXV-M4
- Johnnie Cope – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZ4uMmF0vw
Images are CC or Wiki Commons unless produced by ADoO or otherwise specified. Featured image.
Please share your thoughts and comments to 719-425-9444 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments or messages may be included in the podcast or a written post.
Join the A Dram of Outlander Community
Please share posts, join the discussions, and follow this website and social media sites listed below!
To financially support the podcast, go to my Patreon page.
Call 719-425-9444 listener/reader line to leave your comment or question.