The Battle Joined S3 E1
Written by Ronald D. Moore
Directed by Brendan Maher
Listen to the podcast to get my fully realized coherent thoughts on the episode. Bottom line: Ron did us a solid. I LOVED it.
For fun, here are my thoughts while watching the episode the first time through.
- OMG OMG OMG shhhhh it’s time to watch?. Squee.
- Sings along nervously.
- Is he going to wake up dead?
- Oh, damn dead bodies in piles. Seriously everyone shhhhhhh.
- Dude that’s harsh ? killing them where they lay.
- Jamie wakes up, someone’s lying dead on top of him.
- Jamie don’t let them notice you. Don’t move damn it.
- Disordered battle memories flood his mind.
- MARK ME
- Someone get him a medic!
- Gut punch he remembers smelling Claire’s wrap. SHE’S GONE.
- BRRRRR anyone else freezing while watching this?
- NOOOO you’re running the wrong way! Don’t go towards the redcoats.
- Uh oh he sees HIM. BJR is in his line of sight.
- Double uh oh BJR sees Jamie too.
- IT’S ON bitches.
- Soooo many dead.
- BJR is liking this proximity?. personal space bubble please?
- Is he going to lick him? Kiss him? Ummmm boys there’s a fight going on.
- Death match BJR vs Jamie.
- Advantage BJR thigh slash move.
- YES, Jamie went for the gut.
- “Stand right there Jamie so I can finish you off, please, I’m just so tired now.”
- Ew BJR don’t you touch him. Slaps hand away.
- He just fell into his chest. WHAT IS HAPPENING?
- Ashes to ashes they all fall down.
- BJR dies on top of Jamie. He must have been thrilled.
- Little bunny foufou? what?!
- Enter Claire hallucination. Are you alive?
- It’s RUPERT. Hey old buddy.
- Another gut punch, he wants to be left to die. Tortured let me be.
- Atta boy Rupert.
- The dragonfly in amber is left on the ground.
- Boston 1948. Huge home.
- Frank is trying so hard. It’s sad and desperate.
- Frank don’t wait for meals. She’s not so domestic these days.
- Modern appliances screw that.
- She looks so cute pregnant.
- She’s going to do it. Cook in the fireplace.
- Nosy neighbor for the weirdness.
- Of course, it’s all about the husband. Side eye.
- Snort, he LOVEs surprises.
- FTS Claire is thinking.
- Look pretty for the boss.
- Jamie needs Claire to patch him up. So painful to watch.
- Holed up in the farmhouse waiting for death.
- Rupert abides.
- Claire is one unhappy feminist, erm housewife.
- Smash the patriarchy!
- Pompous ass.
- Oh, the little lady has an opinion.
- Smug douche canoe.
- Frank way to speak up for your wife. Atta husband. She IS a badass.
- SMASH THE PATRIARCHY!
- Insert sarcasm emoji.
- Thems fighting words. Yes, Harvard Medical?
- That’s the ticket Frank. Good you are checking how she is after that BS.
- Two days later on the moor?
- Where’s Murtagh? We want to know too Jamie.
- The redcoats are here.
- It’s HAL! LJG’s brother.
- “No milord, traitors all.” We need a Rupert sarcasm emoji.
- Hal is not impressed.
- And you get a soldier’s death, and you get a soldier’s death.
- Claire, master of the stove!
- Bad milk is a bad omen.
- The bird, what does it mean.
- Frank, man, you’re trying too hard.
- Tea bagged American style.
- Claire’s been thinking, egad.
- I want to be an American!!!!
- That was a bone throw to Frank, “our child”.
- No touchy the belly! AWKWARD.
- Well that breakfast went south quickly.
- Can of worms opened and flung all around. Frank eke.
- Heartbreaking desperation.
- Oh Frank.
- Oh Claire, dayum woman. You went there.
- DUCK FRANK.
- Why you shocked man. Calling her a cheater.
- WHOA nelly he’s giving her an out.
- Rupert may have a job as a motivational speaker in the afterlife.
- It burnses seeing Jamie so busted up and invalid.
- No, you’re crying.
- STOP talking about Angus. Where’s the damn tissues?
- Rupert Thomas Alexander MacKenzie ? noooooo
- It’s a lonely night on the timeout couch.
- Dear Reverend can wait? her waters have broken.
- Oh hell. Not Red Jamie. God’s Blood.
- “Shoot me or go away.” LMAO
- Freaking debt of honor.
- Jamie proves once again he’s hard to kill.
- It’s labor time!
- Claire’s doulaing herself.
- Enter Doctor Dirt bag.
- Oh, second child I see. Frank didn’t think he could be shocked again.
- Way to take a case history and decide it complicates things.
- Sweet Frank wants to go with her to delivery.
- I love you. Crickets.
- They put her under after she says no? grrrrr.
- Paging Doctor Misogyny. You bastard is spot on Claire.
- HE’s HOME! Jenny and Ian greet him.
- Claire wakes up in a panic over her baby.
- She’s alive!
- In the afterglow of holding her live baby Claire wants to try, Frank loves her so.
- Another I love you gone without response.
- No, you didn’t just ask that! Damn way to break the mood.
All pictures are the property of Starz. Visit Outlander Starz on social media, like or follow: Twitter,Instagram,Facebook, and the official website.
What’s Coming up? Season 3 Episode 2.
How can you participate? To have your questions, comments for email or call in to the listener line by Monday morning after the show airs. Join the weekly Twitter chat Wednesday nights at 6pm PT/9pm ET to discuss the previous latest podcast chapters using the hashtag #ADoO. Comments or messages may be included in the podcast or a written post.
The entire Outlander book series is written by Diana Gabaldon. You can find her on Twitter and Facebook.
Follow A Dram of Outlander
Thank you for sharing posts, joining the discussions, and following this website or pages listed below!
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, YouTube
To financially support the podcast, go to my Patreon page.
Call 719-425-9444 listener/reader line to leave your comments.